Thursday, July 28, 2011

Why Blog?

Hello and welcome to all who are reading this!  Many of you may know, and many of you may not know that my life has changed in many ways in the past two years, and I would like to continue to grow and change in my faith as well as in other aspects of my life.  This blog is meant to both document and share my growth as well as to urge me to do more.  (Hopefully you all can help me with suggestions, encouragement, and even creative criticism.)

So what are these changes that have happened in my life?  Of course I have grown and become more committed to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, but there is more.  I had a baby, became a foster parent, made the decision to leave a rewarding career for the even more rewarding career as a homemaker, and had another baby.  In addition to all of these huge things, I have also stumbled upon the life changing book Organic Housekeeping: In Which the Nontoxic Avenger Shows You How to Improve Your Health and That of Your Family, While You Save Time, Money  by Ellen Sandbeck.  Up until this point I was very interested in saving money, but not interested in all things "organic"  or "green."  I call this book life changing because it truly opened my eyes to the fact that God not only gives me the gift of the earth, but God has also given me the gift of my healthy body and the healthy bodies of my children.  This book did this simply by pointing out all of the things that we use in our day to day life without a second thought that can actually put my family in harm's way.  So for my God, for my family, for myself, I became- dare I say the word- an environmentalist.

The one thing about a change like this is that it doesn't happen overnight, or at least not for me anyway.  So I continue to learn grow and change, and hence this blog.  I would love to share my journey with you, and I promise it is diverse, because I feel that this lifestyle is so all-encompassing.  From organic crop share joining to re-purposing and hand making, you will find a wide variety of topics here. Plus, I was raised in a very environmentally friendly way in many regards thanks to my knowledgable and intelligent parents, so I would like to share memories of some of those things with you as well. This is a journey, and I hope that we can inspire and help each other along the way!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment