Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mango Cuke Relish

Tonight for dinner, I made this:
Mango Cuke Relish RecipePhoto by: Taste of Home Mango Cuke Relish Recip
     
Mango Cuke Relish Rec20 20

Ingredients

  • 1 medium mango, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
  • 1/4 cup chopped cashews
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1 green onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon green curry paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 cups.

And, oh, it was heaven!  It was from a Taste of Home magazine gifted to me from a special friend.  I have many many recipes to try considering that I didn't cook much during my pregnancy (which is now over- YES!)  I have never even touched a mango before, and I forgot the cashews and garlic.  Plus, the red pepper I had was too hot!  (I really must learn all of these varieties of veggies.)  Plus, I didn't even have time for a photo considering the ten minute window that we had to eat dinner before everyone had to go their separate ways.  If you eat meat, try it with all natural sausage.  If you don't eat meat.  Just try it, even if you do have to ask the lady at Market District where the green curry paste is (and the rice vinegar happens to be right next to it.)  Yes, it's worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment