Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Visit from Charlie the Traveling Colt


Max surprised us last Friday by showing us a little suitcase, and we were supposed to guess what was inside.  It took a bit and a few hints, but someone actually did guess, "A horse!" With that we met Charlie the Traveling Colt. Each child in the class gets to bring him home for one week and then record some of the fun things that they did together.  Maxey's entry included two pictures that I took and Savannah edited.  So, here's my list of the fun things they did together:
  • Watched the Steelers defeat the Bengals (woo hoo!)
  • Played with toys
  • Read books
  • Snuggled
  • Slept in the top bunk
  • Played with toys
  • Annoyed Shady the oh- so-patient dog
  • Played with toys
  • Did flips and tricks with the rest of the family looking on in "amazement"
At this point I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Annnd...?"  Well, this well worn little bean bag animal riding in a little beat up cardboard suitcase made this little guy's week.  When I saw the light in his eyes each time Charlie the Colt appeared, I felt such a gratitude to his teacher for such a creative way to make a little guy feel special and loved.  

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Yeahhh Charlie and I hung out so much. I miss him already.

    ReplyDelete