Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Story time

Story time at our house usually includes one very important book- Elli The Little Pennsylvania Elk.  I can't find a link to buy it online, so if you want it you may have to visit the PA elk herd in North Central PA and buy your copy there!


This book is really great because a two-year-old can really relate to the cute characters.  My daughter even recently cried during the part when Elli had to leave her mom.  It is also great, however, because it teaches her about native animals and climate patterns in Pennsylvania.  She loves this book, and it is one I never discourage her from reading.  I encourage you to take the time to drive up north and see this amazing herd of elk.  The visitor's center has an awesome "4D" movie with "snow"  that even falls down on your head.  Plus, you can ride a horse drawn carriage out into the forest to view the elk.  While you're there, pick up this book.  You won't regret it!

Tags: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great book! and a 4d movie with falling snow?? how cool would that be~

    happy new year becki!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was just telling me about that place, he plans on a trip this winter over there. Now you mention it and I think I need to maybe go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to keep the elk in mind for a day trip the next time we're visiting. I miss PA!!

    ReplyDelete