- Visited the newly restored remains of the Kinzua Viaduct
- Hiked through the inside of a glacier rock
- Fished on the bank of a quiet stream
- Rode in a horsedrawn wagon
- Saw majestic elk peacefully grazing in a mountain meadow
- Found fiddleheads in the woods (didn't eat any though)
- Watched a black bear from the safety of the car
- Enjoyed amazing fresh salads with all of those crop share veggies.
- Sun-dryed crisp new sundresses
- Planted flowers (and praying that it would rain while we were gone!)
- Bought a bale of straw for compost and garden (Have you ever seen a woman pull up to her subrurban home and pull a bale of straw and some peat moss from her mini-van. Amusing I'm sure.)
- Researched and planned planting methods for my garden.
Now I'm back. I'm refreshed and energized, and that's good because there is lots to do.
Tags: camp, camping, retreat, vacation, gardening, straw, watering can, hanging clothes to dry