5 Tips for Facing Your Fears:
1. Tell yourself the likely outcome. Don't spend the whole time thinking about the extremely unlikely tradgedy that could occur from your expereince. Instead, think about the most likely outcome. Mine was, "I'm likely to go out on this bridge, take some amazing pictures, and have fun with my family."
2. Baby steps! Start small and enjoy your success! I was lucky to do a one story elevator, and I worked my way up to larger things.
3. Ask a friend for support. It helps to have someone with you who will support you and share the success. This person might offer to hold your hand, get you a cold drink, or take your picture to prove that you faced your fear.
4. Set yourself up for success. Last year I tried to walk on the bridge as well, but I had my dog on a leash, and she kept putting her nose down between the railroad ties. It would make my heart jump, and I had to turn around. Make sure the situation is free of external stresses and challenges. It will be easier to focus on positive thinking and meeting your goal.
5. Pray for peace and courage!
What is your biggest fear?
Tags: Kinzua, bridge, viaduct, Kinzua Bridge, Kinzua Viaduct, heights, fears, overcoming fears, facing fears