Saturday, September 22, 2012

Autumn Sensory Play

Over the past few weeks, I've come to realize that my kids love sensory tables.  They love sensory bins, trays, and tubs as well.  If it involves exploring a new medium, they are there.  This sensory container is very easy to make.  It will also keep for quite some time, and you can dump it into a larger container or table when the time comes for the little ones to collaborate. 





This kept them occupied for about 45 minutes!  Then they used it several times outside until it accidentally was left out and got wet.  The recipe is simple if you want to do this activity with your kids.  Pour popcorn in any container and add spoons, cups, and mini pans.  Let the learning begin.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! 45 mins of play... am super jealous ;) (just kidding) Nice sensory activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That 45 minutes may or may not have ended with me having to sweep the floor. LOL Later I poured this corn with some rice into our dry water table outside when the kids had friends over. That was a big hit as well. We had more room there so we added more scoops and some bottles.

      Delete
  2. Great activity ... and I love the simplicity and ease of preparation! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my Corn Unit Study Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/corn-unit-study/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring this! I followed you on Pinterest. I love your blog. Thank you for so many great resources!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Thank you so much for the great honor!

    ReplyDelete