Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Tradition

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

This Thanksgiving table cloth is not only a great way to make memories together around that table, but it is a beautiful color- coded keepsake with the names of each person attending the Thanksgiving meal each year.  The guests should each sign their name in pencil on a light colored table cloth, and then you choose a color of embroidery floss for the year.  Use a simple back stitch to embroider the names onto the table cloth along with the year.  A gold floss can be used to indicate a family member who passes away.

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

 Handprints are a great way to include children who are too young to write their own name. 

Thanksgiving Tablecloth


This will be our second year doing this tradition, and although it was an idea that I brought to the family (I had seen a few others at friends' houses), my mom embroidered every stitch.  She said that she really enjoyed it, but I hope to help her with it this year. 

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

I hope you try this simple but wonderful Holiday Tradition.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Not sure I can sew that well, but maybe permanent marker instead??? Hmm! Love it! New follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Lisa at Life is Great in a 31 by 8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They actually have great fabric markers!

      Delete