Saturday, January 5, 2013

Little Snips

I hate taking my kids into hair salons.  I take one whiff of the air, and my heart sinks.  I do everything I can to keep my kids from the chemical exposure found in personal care products.  I especially avoid hairspray and nail polish which can contain dangerous pthalates and even cancer-causing formaldehyde. I have never gotten Addie's hair cut in 19 months, and it has been almost that long since Ana's haircut.

Yesterday was the day though.  Addie's was in desperate need of a trim, and Ana wanted a change.  So, before heading out to the typical big name salons, I did a quick search.  I was surprised to find a salon especially for children right up the street from me!  Not only is their entire business geared towards children, but they use all natural and organic products as well.  I figured that this place would be way out of my price range, but nope!  They are only a few dollars more than the big name chains, and there was a coupon for first time customers.

Check out our photos.  Who wouldn't love this place! Not only was the decor beautiful, the products organic, and the stylists wonderful, but the air was fresh and clean!  In addition, our stylist was skilled with hair and amazing with children.  From now on, my kids come here!  I'm not being paid in any way for this post.  I was just so happy to find this place, I thought I would share.  Pittsburgh people, consider supporting this great business: Little Snips.

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center
Ana Before

Little Snips in Scott Town Center
Ana Before

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center
Ana After

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center
Addie Before

Little Snips in Scott Town Center
Addie Before

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center

Little Snips in Scott Town Center
Addie After

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is awesome! The girls look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh how cute! I love the airplane to sit in, only if I could get my boys sit down to get in one again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun!! What a great place. My daughter loves going with me to the hairdresser, but she knows her and our hairdresser has two children one of which is close in age. Luckily I usually take her when it is not very crowded so the chemicals have not begun for the day too much. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete