I love poring through racks and shelves for the vintage treasures that are just waiting for a good home. I started shopping in thrift stores in high school when I discovered the vintage dress section. Although I don't look for plaid schoolgirl skirts or lunchboxes as in the old days, I still find lots of things that are wonderful additions to my home without putting a strain on my budget.
If, like me, you love looking for discarded treasures, use these tips to help you on your hunt:
1. Keep a running list about the things that you are looking for. Include measurements of spaces where you are hoping to find furniture to fit.
2. Think beyond the obvious. This lovely embroidery was a small table runner, but I thought it would look lovely as a framed work. Look for hand-crafted items, and think about all of the things that you could do or make with them. Wool sweaters are great for felting and creating new projects.
Please join me for the Joseph Had a Little Overcoat Giveaway!
My other blog is also currently hosting a giveaway:
Last week was another record breaking week for Eco Kids Tuesdays. We had 63 amazing links! Thank you all for sharing, and please keep the great ideas coming. This week I'm featuring a few of my favorites:
Five Things You Should be Making by Brown Thumb Mama
Spare Parts Upcycling by Simply Home Blog
Starting Preschool by Happy Whimsical Hearts
If you were featured, please grab a button:
Please join me for the Eco-Kids Linky! I hope that you'll share some great family-friendly posts that are also friendly for the environment. Some ideas include:
- Nature Activities
- Outdoor Activities
- Crafts made with re-purposed or recycled materials
- Sewing and DIY home projects
- Science Experiments
- Posts on environmental issues for kids or families
- Non-toxic living
- Homeopathic Remedies
Eco-Kids Tuesdays is co-hosted by Organic Aspirations and Like Mama~Like Daughter this means that anything you link-up shows up on both blogs!
Feel free to link up several of your posts.
There are only a few rules:
Please follow both co-hostess' blogs, and visit some of the other posts and give them
some encouragement! Please stick to posts and photos not giveaways or
items for sale.
By linking up, you are agreeing that Organic Aspirations or Like
Mama~Like Daughter can feature your photos next week with a link back to
Please link back to my site using this button: