Monday, August 29, 2011

One of My Favorite Places

In my short twenty eight years, I have had the priveledge to travel to some amazing places.  I love to see God's creation, and I even enjoy man-made wonders. 

A lake house I visited on an island in a volcano crater lake in El Salvador.


In my lifetime I have marveled at Neuschwanstein castle in Bavaria, been captivated my Motezuma's Well in Arizona, and have marveled at the white sand beaches at Isla Mujeres.  I've had the privelidge to snorkel in the crystal clear waters near Honolulu, and as a young child, I was astonished to see Niagra Falls with my own eyes.

This past weekend, however, as I was looking at the lush ferns under the high forest canopy, I realized that one of the most amazing and captivating places for me thus far is Wildcat Park in Ludlow, PA.  The Allegheny National Forest is an amazing place to begin with, but there's just something about this park that is magical.  Maybe it's the rich earthy smell, or maybe it's the way the the trees lean out over the stream.   It could be the memories of the crawdad catching and swimming in the (oh so cold) water.  Whatever it is, Wildcat remains one of my favorite places, and I was blessed to share this piece of paradise with my daughters.


Thank you God for your majestic creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment