Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Breakfast with Mommy

I usually don't eat breakfast.  I know, shame on me. It's just that, unless I'm pregnant, I'm just not that hungry first thing in the morning.  Plus, there is so much to do, I just don't eat that particular meal all the time.  This morning, however, was different.  I slept later than normal- I wanted to take full advantage of my little ones still being asleep for once! I knew as soon as I woke up, however, that our normal morning routine would not work.  So heck with it, I made pancakes.  Ana asked me to eat with her, and eat I did.  It was a wonderful relaxing and even productive morning.  I love when it works out that way...




While I was finishing eating, Ana started a little project of her own.   She started putting the napkins into the napkin holders that my aunt had passed on to us yesterday.  As I bent over to see how she did getting the napkins through, I noticed that she had even sorted them by type.  I was impressed.



My favorite pancake recipe (I know!  The bread recipe is coming!)  it is taken from Make the Bread, Buy the Butter: What You Should and Shouldn't Cook from Scratch -- Over 120 Recipes for the Best Homemade Foods. Buttermilk-  need I say more?






Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment