Monday, May 21, 2012

Early Morning Fog

A yellow rose in the early morning fog


 My day starts early.  Usually I make a quick run downstairs for a drink of water and to let the dog out.  This particular morning, however, I did a double take and had quickly tiptoe back upstairs for my camera.  There was no way that I wanted to miss this amazingly beautiful phenomenon.

No visibility in this early morning fog

My house is quiet now.  It's usually not.  There's usually babbling, clanking, and the "pitter patter of little feet."  It's quiet though.  The silence gives me a moment to reflect on these pictures that were taken with such excitement.  These pictures, for me, capture the evidence of the majesty of a great and mighty God and our weakness and finiteness in contrast.  Something as simple as fog- droplets of water in the air- can prevent us from not only seeing the usual stunning view, but it even prevented me this morning from seeing past my fence to the house next door.   It should be no surprise.  It doesn't only happen with fog, it happens every night when the sun goes down.

My backyard with fog

It feels scary to be so small when nature is so grand.

Birdhouse in the early morning fog
But then again, it feels comforting to.  It feels comforting to know that I'm not the one in charge.  I might have to be in charge of my kids during the day, but on the larger scale, I'm not even a little bit in charge.  I have a loving Heavenly Father who has it all under control. 

“So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.  Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

~Matthew 10:26-30 

No comments:

Post a Comment