Saturday, September 15, 2012

Agent Orange

Sometimes I get the questions about why I eat and feed my family organic.  The answer is so long, so I usually give a brief synopsis of how we are trying to avoid toxic chemicals.  In reality though, the hard cold facts are what really inspire me.  Every time I read something like this, I am more convinced that I would rather eat local, organic, and even vegetarian than expose my family to all of this. 

Many people know what Agent Orange is- a toxic herbicide used in the Vietnam War that caused so many serious problems for soldiers and Vietnamese.  Did you know that the same ingredients in this deadly cocktail are still used today on the crops that we buy and eat?  I'll let you read it.  The facts speak for themselves. 

Why Do We Want to Spray More Agent Orange on Our Crops? Are We at War with Ourselves (and Our Children)?

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments: