Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On My Machine

I've had the same sewing project going for quite some time now.  It's boring and tedious but oh- so- useful! 

Like I said- boring.

It's a stack of cloth diapers I am making using instructions from Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures by Amanda Blake Soule.  I like the project because I need new diaper inserts.  I use gDiapers, but my cloth inserts are disintegrating after years of heavy use.  A set of old bedsheets worked perfectly to actually re-purpose rather than just buying new fabric and sewing.  I have been using the diapers as they are finished, and I must say that I really really really like them.  They are more absorbent than I am used to, and I love the idea that I made them.  In this case, the "boring" project gets a thumbs up from me!

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment